U.S. Chamber of Commerce link
 


Search by Project


Search State-by-State

Learn More & Take Action

User Submitted Projects


» Add Your Project

PacifiCorp’s Intermountain Power Project Unit 3, Utah

STATUS: Canceled

TYPE: Coal

OPPOSITION: Sierra Club, Grand Canyon Trust

PROSPECTS: Unlikely

BACKGROUND:  In 2002 the developer proposed a 950 megawatt “Unit 3” coal plant at the Intermountain Power Project station in Millard County, Utah.  It was granted an air emission permit in 2004, and Sierra Club appealed.  In July 2007, six California cities that used 75% of the power from the Intermountain Power Project objected to construction. Twenty-three Utah municipalities and a local utility that used the remaining 25% of the station’s output then sued the California cities. However, in July 2009 the developer cancelled the project citing litigation and regulatory risks and uncertainty.

SOURCES: http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695234256,00.html http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20041118/ai_n11486705/  http://publicutilities.utah.gov/news/californiaunplugsutahpowerboost.pdf  http://www.rockymountainpower.net//Press_Release/Press_Release75717.html http://healutah.org/news/intermountainpoweragencysayscoalfireddeltapowerplantscrapped/07/08/09
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/889079/PacifiCorp-wants-quick-OK-on-adding-power-capacity.htmlhttp://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/07/09/09greenwire-los-angeles-coal-free-vow-scuttles-utah-power-29532.html?pagewanted=print http://web.hermesemessenger2.com/tfg/public/Update_Links.asp?EmailAddress=dahebert@cox.net&ScheduleID=839&IssueID=235&FileName=http://web.hermesemessenger2.com/tfg/public/newsletters/present/ISSUE235/article563.html&ArticleID=563    

LAST UPDATED:December 7, 2010